Saturday, September 02, 2006


*yawns*


Pics coming soon I promise. Kinda busy over here LOL.
She has gained almost a whole pound! My little piggy.

She weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces at her two week check-up. She was 6 pounds 5 ounces at her visit a few days after coming home. I think she was 5 days old then..

Doc says shes perfect! Duh. :O)

The breastfeeding thing did not pan out, unfortunately. I spent a whole day crying about it. But you know, I can only do what I can do. I was not making enough. I bought a pump, and was only getting about a quarter ounce between both breasteses at any given time. The Doc says that the most likely reason is that my hormones are back to their pre-pregnancy hijinx. My thyroid was all stupid before, and if that is what has happened again, that could affect milk production. I could go on meds to fix it, and I will...but I cannot feed while on the meds. So..I did the best I could. She is growing and getting fat and stuffs so I had to just get over it.

Now if I could just get her to stop sucking on my shirt every time I hold her.

:O)

Comments:
Breastfeeding is one of the hardest, most stressful things I've ever done. Unfortunately, people that have never had babies and those that have a very easy time with it don't understand how hard it is for some of us. It worked out for us in the end, but only after many extremely hard weeks. I completely understand and sympathize with women that it just doesn't work out for. I could go on and on about this topic, ugg. Anyway, glad to hear that Baby Maya is getting huge already so you can nibble on her thighs :).
 
It's so weird how it makes you feel AWFUL, that breastfeeding thing...when you've heard it's supposed to be SO wonderful. I cried the whole six months I breastfed both girls.

Soooo, now that it's over...have you visited the captain yet?
 
So sorry that nursing didn't work out for you. I agree with Chas, it can be extremely difficult. I had a really hard time with my first. Glad she's gaining and doing well, and can't wait to see more pics of her. She's just too cute :)
 
And you know she's still a pound less than my two at birth. ;-) Good for her, big girl!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]